TENERIFFE PROGRESS ASSOCIATION
TRAFFIC FORUM and GENERAL MEETING
7PM MONDAY MARCH 19TH
ANFE BUILDING WYANDRA ST TENERIFFE
To register www.teneriffeprogress.org.au
AGENDA and TIMETABLE
1905-1910 CALL TO ORDER & INTRODUCING THE TRAFFIC PANEL: (Interim President Rob Murdoch) Welcome, membership & introduction of the traffic forum participants. .
1910-2010: TRAFFIC FORUM: (Moderator: Jill Webb – Member Interim Committee TPA)
One of the major issues identified by members was the issue of traffic flow and pedestrian safety along Macquarie St and Vernon Tce.
The issues identified by members in the inaugural meeting were as follows:
Parking and parking meters
Pedestrian crossings and safety
Traffic safety and traffic calming
A movement plan for the suburb?
Street cleaning and rubbish removal
The forum will have 3 parts:
1. 1910 – 1940: A panel of experts and members will be invited to debate the options to improve traffic flow and pedestrian safety along Macquarie St/ Vernon Tce.
2. 1940 – 2000: The meeting will be opened for members to ask questions to any of the panellists
3. 2000 – 2010: The meeting will conclude with the TPA members agreeing the TPA recommendations for improving traffic flow and safety.
The meetings recommendations will become the TPA policy in campaigning to the appropriate authorities for improved flow and safety.
2010-2040: GENERAL BUSINESS: (Interim President Rob Murdoch)
1. CLEAN UP AUSTRALIA DAY WRAP UP.
2. FUND RAISING.
3. TENERIFFE FESTIVAL update
4. TENERIFFE CHAMBER of COMMERCE update
5. DEVELOPMENT FORUM April 16th 2012 plan
6. ELECTION OF OFFICE BEARERS: April 16th 2012 what office bearers do we require?
7. OTHER BUSINESS
2040 -2100: CLOSE OF MEETING & NETWORKING.
2100: END OF EVENING